Vermifiltration is emerging as an environmentally sustainable, economically viable and socially acceptable technology all over the world.
The process harnesses the energy, carbon and other elements of the waste and converts them to precious "Bio-nutritional" products like energy rich humus, bio-fertilizer and nutrient rich water.
It uses the ability of the earthworms and beneficial microbes to break down organic waste present in the wastewater and transform it into worm-cast.
The Technology is suitable for the treatment of wide range of waste waters :
- Household & Municipal Waste Water
- Dairy Industry
- Food Processing Units
- Slaughter Houses
- Wineries & Distilleries
- Chemical & Pharmaceutical Industries etc.
- Simple and easy operation
- Low operating and maintenance costs
- Low energy input
- No sludge Formation
- Aerobic & Hygienic process hence no odour
- No pretreatment required for solids separation
- Able to handle to high COD/BOD Load
- All contaminants (dissolved and suspended) are converted into a valuable product.
- Treated water is nutrient rich and natural way of fertigation for better agricultural production and cost saving on artificial fertilizers.
- Enabling the reuse of treated water for gardening, landscaping, farming & other non-potable purposes.